Yesterday, the PinchukArtCentre announced the jury members for its Future Generation Art Prize, a $100,000 award to an artist under 35. This money is partially (to the tune of $40,000) earmarked for production of a new work, but the rest is up to the artist’s discretion. (In other words, not too shabby…)
Jury members will choose from the shortlist of artists (to be announced this fall) and then name the winner in a ceremony in Kyiv on December 7, 2012. While the 2010 jury included Okwui Enwezor, Ai Wei Wei and Robert Storr, it is safe to say rarely has there been a jury more stacked:
- Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev – Artistic director Documenta 13 (Germany);
- Agnaldo Farias – Independent Curator and Director of the 29th biennial of Sao Paulo (Brasil);
- Massimiliano Gioni– Associate Director of the New Museum and director of the 55th Venice Biennial in 2013 (USA);
- Carol Yinghua Lu – Art Critic and Independent Curator (China);
- Hans Ulrich Obrist – Co-director Serpentine Gallery (United Kingdom);
- Eckhard Schneider – General Director PinchukArtCentre (Ukraine);
- Nancy Spector – Deputy Director and Chief Curator of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (USA).
As a Partner Platform of the Future Generation Art Prize, Baibakov Art Projects urges you to get those applications in! Entries will be accepted through May 5.